Friday 12 February 2010

Time............

I have had a very productive week, this was one of the weeks that I only work on Monday and Friday so I get a lot of ME time........how lucky I am, I do know that I am lucky and after many years of working full time, including Saturdays, I really appreciate my time.

I knit, I crochet, I paint (pictures & furniture), I sew, I make jewellery ooooooh I do loads and I make loads, but what I really love best is that I can now make time!!! That is always the hardest thing to make, but yesterday I made some, so much so that I spent time with my lovely friends at Jolie knitting and chatting and I can assure you that was time very well spent. If you want to see what I'm talking about why not check out their blog http://www.jolie-home.blogspot.com/

This is the dresser in my kitchen. I bought this last year off ebay intending to paint it straight away as I hate the way it is, but as you can see almost a year later still as horrible as it was, until..........




















I made a start..........and then

........painted it the wrong colour!!!! I then had to go and get the right colour and hey presto.....grey.....
.......thats more like it.......watch this space for the finished article handles and all.
But if that wasn't enough, I have undercoated a table which I hope to finish at the weekend............and if thats not enough I am in the throws of backing another crocheted blanket and crocheting another one!.......phew.......and in between all of this I am making time, because time is what I don't have enough of!!



4 comments:

Suzy's Vintage Attic said...

Hello Donna

That dresser looks so much better now, what a difference paint can make!
You have a lovely blog!

Have a good weekend

Warm wishes
Isabelle x

Vintage Lipstick said...

Hey Isabelle,
Lovely to hear from you, must pop into your vintage attic.
Love Donna x

Ryan said...

sooo luv the dresser, looks much better. going to pop back to see the finished results. x

Teena Vallerine said...

I do so hate prepping and painting furniture but it's always worth the effort - these pieces look amazing! t.x