Tuesday 22 September 2009




Just look at these delights ..............
and they are free...........yes, you've got it! The knitting patterns are FREE!!
You don't get much for nothing these days, so I was delighted when I came across these and other free patterns supplied by Julie on her blog www.littlecottonrabbits.typepad.co.uk/free
I had the pleasure of meeting Julie sometime ago at Jolie Knit & chat, and she really does design and knit the most beautiful 'Little Cotton Rabbits'.
The reason I fell upon this site again yesterday is because my daughter has decided that she wants an 80's style knitted jumper with either a raindeer or a snowman on it just for christmas. But should a jumper be just for christmas or should it be for life???!!!!!!!!
After all the hard work that obviously goes into a handknitted garment, I would hope that she would wear it for several christmas' but we all know that is not going to happen. At 14 she wants one on a whim, who knows if she will even wear it this year once it is knitted. The last handknitted christmas jumper I saw was on Bridget Jones, so if she wants to go the whole hog I could lend her the big knickers!!!! But to be perfectly honest I kind of think it would be fun to knit..........using colours that I would not normally use......and perhaps a bit of artistic liscence.
PROBLEM;................I can't find an adult size christmas jumper knitting pattern.........HELP!! Yet another request, I don't suppose any of you would have one I could borrow, would you?

1 comment:

rositalollipop said...

Happy Birthday darlin! x